We are searching for an experienced Project Coordinator at our head office location.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Project Coordinator reports directly to a Project Manager and their primary responsibility is to organize, administer and control project activities, under the direction and supervision of a Project Manager. The Project Coordinator will support and collaborate with the Project Manager and Superintendent in overseeing and managing their assigned projects.
As a Project Coordinator for our company you will contribute to our team by:
- Reviewing and understanding contract obligations as per the responsible scope of work.
- Assisting project manager in creating and issuing tender packages and subcontracts and supervising their progress.
- Assisting with change management and change order process, including pricing, negotiating, processing, and assessing cost and schedule impact.
- Maintaining and performing project document control and procedures.
- Providing proactive leadership for safety and quality programs.
- Preparing and supervising progress claims and estimates.
- Coordinating inventory and tracking of materials and equipment and expediting material orders.
- Mentoring project field coordinators and students/interns.
- Assisting in overall construction coordination and planning.
- Identifying and assisting in resolving field technical issues.
- Assisting with overall project closeout, including document archival, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies, and warranty work.
- Collaborating with designers/engineers when reviewing drawings and suggesting beneficial or alternative construction methods or materials.
- Other duties as required.
What you will bring to the role:
- Postsecondary education or training in engineering, construction management, or a related field.
- 3–5 years of progressive construction experience with leadership and mentoring preferred.
- Working understanding of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, project health, safety and environment, quality, building materials, and required standards as per discipline.
- Intermediate knowledge of means and methods and construction sequences.
- Ability to apply basic engineering/problem-solving principles to construction challenges.
- Basic understanding of construction law and building codes.
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proven flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of decision-making authority and ability to present solutions.
- Planning, organizational, and time management skills with the ability to multitask, prioritize own work, and delegate simple tasks.
- Ability to create a comprehensive schedule.
- Ability to administer subcontracts and contract documents.
- Ability to create and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and internal operational systems with a strong aptitude for adopting new technology.
The CES Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status. Together, we can build success and a better future. Let us get started.
Please submit your resume in person or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org