We’re looking for talented Software Quality Assurance Engineers to test our products and take them to the next level to provide high-quality, reliable systems for our clients.
CES Corporation is a growing, versatile company in the field of data center infrastructure. Our Intelliflex™ product line is a start to finish solution, purpose-built to support today’s data center. It includes modular, integrated systems in both air and liquid immersion cooling technologies. The successful candidate will be working with a team of driven, skilled professionals with a passion for software engineering.
CES Corporation is located west of Edmonton, in the North View Business Park. Flexible arrangements can be made to accommodate a hybrid In-Office and Work-From-Home model of work. Due to the requirements for the systems to be tested, including testing against physical hardware, some physical presence will be required, and a hybrid Work-From-Home model can be arranged. How much a candidate can work from home will depend on how well they can mock out the hardware in our system and isolate its testing from the rest of the system.
Our team works in a comfortable office adjacent to the shop where our manufacturing team builds our IntelliFlex Modular Data Centers in-house. Working hours are standard 40-hour work weeks, with some occasional flex-time for accommodating customer support. Newcomers will enjoy 3 weeks of vacation per year to start.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer in Test, your duties will include:
- Working with our lead software engineer to establish baseline quality metrics for our software systems’ Service Level Objectives and design a program to establish practical Service Level Agreements with our customers.
- Designing and implementing harnesses for testing our software and hardware systems, along with managing the design and execution of test suites for identifying, mitigating and eliminating defects in our systems.
You will be responsible and accountable for:
- Coordinating the testing of our systems constructed by our software engineers with project plans designed by our lead engineer to ensure that our quality goals can be met in a timely manner to deliver our systems and products to our clients. You will be responsible for providing estimates on how long testing will take for our products and communicating the impacts of design decisions on the quality of our products to engineering leadership.
- Ensuring the successful delivery of high quality, reliable systems for our clients. This means:
- Recommending changes to engineering processes to prevent recurrence of defects.
- Providing feedback to the lead software engineer and other relevant stakeholders for maintaining and increasing the reliability and availability of our systems, both in hardware and software.
- Assisting in the implementation of deployment mechanisms for delivering our software to our clients and some other Site Reliability Engineering activities.
- Providing feedback on and contributing to the delivery of monitoring systems for our products and services deployed at client sites.
Your day-to-day activities will include:
- Designing software and hardware integration test suites to apply to our customers’ use cases for our systems.
- Designing, building and implementing any necessary software infrastructure to support the testing processes you will define.
- Composing reports on the reliability, availability and quality of our systems to assist engineering leadership in approval processes.
You will be an essential member of the team that we will rely on for delivery of reliable systems to our clients.
Qualifications and Skills
This position is open to Canadian citizens and other applicants legally entitled to work in Canada.
- A degree in Computer Engineering or Computing Science from an accredited post-secondary educational institution recognized in Canada is required.
- Must have at least 5 years’ experience in the testing of systems that integrate both hardware and software components.
- Must be intimately familiar with Unix and Linux-based operating systems, specifically:
- Understanding how processes and threads work, and Inter-Process Communication between them.
- Deeply knowledgeable of how to use and write scripts in Bash, Python, or any other language in which you can demonstrate considerable proficiency.
- Accessing hardware interfaces for UARTs and SPIs.
- Communication concepts using CAN bus, modbus, profinet and other communication buses.
- Examination of wire protocols at multiple layers of the technological stack, including HTTPS connections, CAN bus inspection, UART timing, etc.
- Must be well experienced in SSH and WinRM technologies
- Must understand the fundamental workings of public and private key encryption
- Must be capable of effective remote connection management.
- Must have experience using Time Series databases and visual graphing tools to analyze data sets.
- Must have an engineering mindset with a drive for delivering systems of exceptional quality.
- Experience with web-based user interface testing tools and methodologies.
Our office in North View Business Park is located at 28029 108 Avenue Northwest, Acheson, AB T7X 6P7. The successful candidate will require their own transportation as the business park is not serviced by public transportation.
Salary and Benefits
Our salary determinations are made based on a set of internal guidelines and policies. Our offered salary for this position is determined by proficiency and breadth of capability. As increased proficiency is demonstrated in areas of capability and responsibility, transfer into higher salary bands will be available. Benefits including health insurance are provided.
How to Apply
Apply with a cover letter and resume (one file please) to email@example.com. Let us know how your experience and education will benefit CES Corporation. Links to any open-source projects you’ve worked on are of particular interest. Clearly outline pay and vacation expectations in your cover letter. Please note that candidates who lack full time permanent work experience will not be considered for the position.