CES is an Alberta-based business working with organizations to build infrastructure for data centres, produces a start-to-finish solution called Intelliflex, purpose-built for today’s data centre. It includes modular, integrated system in immersion cooling technologies.
JOB TITLE: Senior IT Specialist
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
PLANT: 11130 224 St NW, Edmonton, AB
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
SHIFTS: Varies (flexible)
General Job Description:
The Senior IT Specialist will be responsible for managing the CES information technology system which will include computer systems, corporate data and internal networks. The Senior IT Specialist will also be responsible for IT-related infrastructure and development.
- Assessing the CES information system and identifying gaps that need to be addressed
- Communicating these gaps to management in a simplified manner
- Ensuring all CES systems run smoothly and efficiently
- Ensuring security and privacy measures are in place
- Monitoring security certificates and ensure CES’s compliance with requirements
- Troubleshooting and providing technical support to CES staff whenever needed
- Installing necessary updates to CES software and hardware
- Staying within budget and allocating cost for necessary updates and upgrades
Qualifications and Skills:
A successful candidate will have excellent technical skills related to a wide variety of applications, software, and hardware systems. They should also have excellent command of coding, computing, configuration, debugging and design. Strong knowledge of networking, network security, maintenance, servers, hardware, data management, and a variety of computer and operating systems. Minimum of five years progressive work experience in information technology installation and support. Additional prerequisite skills and qualifications include:
- Experience with
MSMicrosoft and Linux Servers
- Microsoft Certification MCSA: Windows Server, an asset
- Microsoft Certification MCSE: Core Infrastructure, an asset
- Cisco Certification CCNA, an asset
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and manage time
- Excellent troubleshooting abilities
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
- Keen interest in technological development and advancements
- Ability to suggest process improvements
- Experience in office and manufacturing environment
- Degree in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Demonstrate a high level of Human Equity intuition and understanding related to employee engagement and ownership strategies
Hours & Benefits
- The expected work hours for this role may vary dependent upon customer needs, but the role will be based on 40 hours per week, with occasional weekend work required. The role will also be open to at-home work, with weekly meetings at the office as the role progresses. Health benefits included, along with computer and phone.
- You will demonstrate and practice a desire for continual learning of the techniques and tools related to Continuous Improvement practices as this will be an ongoing expectation.
- We will develop and support a personal Training and Development strategy based on your current experience and skill set that will allow you, our next valued team member the best possible opportunity for success in both your personal and professional objectives.
To apply for this exciting role, please submit resume to email@example.com today.
We thank all applicants but will be following up only with those that are selected for an interview.